The automaker its recalling the 2012-2014 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX, the 2013-2014 Ford Flex and Lincol MKT, and the 2013-2014 Ford Taurus and Lincoln MKS. An improper installation of a clip in the axle can cause the halfshaft to disengage from the linkshaft, resulting in the loss of power to the wheels while driving, according to Ford. The cars and SUVs can also roll away while in “park” when the emergency brake isn’t engaged.
Ford said there were no reports of injuries or accidents caused by the issues.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Automobiles industry average. The net income increased by 6.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,233.00 million to $1,311.00 million.
- FORD MOTOR CO has improved earnings per share by 6.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FORD MOTOR CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.75 versus $1.42 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 24.0% in earnings ($1.33 versus $1.75).
- F, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 23.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- In its most recent trading session, F has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: F Ratings Report