NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Warren Buffett is considered the most respected and successful investor. Often called "The Oracle of Omaha" for his impressive investing prowess, he is among the world's wealthiest people.
Buffett studied under the legendary Benjamin Graham at Columbia University who had a major impact on Buffett's life and investment strategies.
Buffett is chairman of Omaha, Nebraska-based Berkshire Hathaway Inc (BRK.A) which he built from a textile company into a major corporation with a market cap over $324 billion. Under Buffett's leadership, Berkshire shares averaged a 19.7% compounded annual gain in per share book value from 1965-2013.
He follows a value investing strategy that is an adaptation of Graham's approach: Discipline, patience and value consistently outperforms the market. His moves are followed by investors worldwide. Buffett seeks to acquire great companies trading at a discount to their intrinsic value, and to hold onto them for a long time. He will only invest in businesses that he understands, and always insists on a margin of safety.
Regarding the types of businesses Berkshire likes to purchase, Buffett has said,"We want businesses to be one that we can understand, with favorable long-term prospects, operated by honest and competent people, and available at a very attractive price."
What follows are Buffett's top 25 holdings as of June 30, 2014...
25. Precision Castparts Corp. (PCP)
Shares Held by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway: 1,877,000 shares
Value of Holdings: $474 million
Portfolio Weighting as of 06/30/2014: 0.44%
Precision Castparts Corp. manufactures and sells metal components and products worldwide.
It operates in three segments: Investment Cast Products, Forged Products, and Airframe Products.
Free Report: Jim Cramer's Best Stocks for 2014
TheStreet Ratings team rates PRECISION CASTPARTS CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV