Thompson Creek Metals Co Inc Stock Upgraded (TC)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- TC's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 110.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 40.34% is the gross profit margin for THOMPSON CREEK METALS CO INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 24.79% is above that of the industry average.
- TC's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.87 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that TC's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.98 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Metals & Mining industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 420.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$19.20 million to $61.60 million.
- TC has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 18.40% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts