Today's Dead Cat Bounce Stock: Noodles (NDLS)
- NDLS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.0 million.
- NDLS has traded 293,679 shares today.
- NDLS is up 3.4% today.
- NDLS was down 16.1% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NDLS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NDLS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NDLS: Noodles & Company develops and operates fast casual restaurants in the United States. The company's restaurants offer various cooked-to-order dishes, including noodles and pasta, soups, salads, sandwiches, and appetizers. NDLS has a PE ratio of 114.6. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Noodles a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Noodles has been 248,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Noodles has a market cap of $710.1 million and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are down 29.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Noodles as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for NOODLES & CO is rather low; currently it is at 21.43%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 3.54% significantly trails the industry average.
- This stock's share value has moved by only 37.25% over the past year. Despite the heavy decline in its share price, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
- In comparison to the other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, NOODLES & CO's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- NDLS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.07 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- NOODLES & CO has shown improvement in its earnings for its most recently reported quarter when compared with the same quarter a year earlier. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.50 versus $0.19).
- You can view the full Noodles Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts