Today's Dead Cat Bounce Stock Is Goodrich Petroleum (GDP)
- GDP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $33.9 million.
- GDP has traded 247,056 shares today.
- GDP is up 3.5% today.
- GDP was down 9.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GDP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GDP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GDP: Goodrich Petroleum Corporation, an independent oil and natural gas company, is engaged in the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Goodrich Petroleum a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Goodrich Petroleum has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Goodrich has a market cap of $826.4 million and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.42 and a short float of 48% with 5.70 days to cover. Shares are up 9.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Goodrich Petroleum as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 10.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for GOODRICH PETROLEUM CORP is currently very high, coming in at 78.18%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -47.08% is in-line with the industry average.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- GOODRICH PETROLEUM CORP's earnings per share declined by 32.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GOODRICH PETROLEUM CORP reported poor results of -$2.99 versus -$2.48 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$1.61 versus -$2.99).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 55.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$16.14 million to -$25.11 million.
- You can view the full Goodrich Petroleum Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV