Royal Philips (PHG) Trading With Heavy Volume Before Market Open
- PHG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.6 million.
- PHG traded 109,590 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:12 AM, representing 16.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PHG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PHG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PHG: Koninklijke Philips N.V. is engaged in healthcare, consumer lifestyle, and lighting businesses worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.1%. PHG has a PE ratio of 17.1. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Royal Philips a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Royal Philips has been 734,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Royal Philips has a market cap of $27.6 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. Shares are down 18.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Royal Philips as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 1146.80% to $614.04 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS NV has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -21.54%.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.35, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.76 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- 46.82% is the gross profit margin for KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS NV which we consider to be strong. Regardless of PHG's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 4.58% trails the industry average.
- PHG, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 1.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Industrial Conglomerates industry and the overall market, KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS NV's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Royal Philips Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.