9. 2014 Toyota Prius
Take your pick of the original-recipe sedan, the Prius C compact or the Prius V wagon: They're all dowdy little utilitarian vehicles that nobody's buying for their exterior features.
Don't believe us? Ask auto pricing site Edmunds' John Pearley Huffman, who referred to the Prius as “The polliwog of green piety. Efficiency reduced down to the point of ennui.” Yeah, it doesn't get much prettier from there.When discussing the Prius with Forbes in 2012, New York Times automotive writer Lawrence Ulrich noted that customers buy a Prius – the best-selling hybrid in the U.S. – in spite of its looks, not because of them: “It’s as frumpy as any car I’ve seen, like an over-full colostomy bag.” Well, Toyota, it could be worse: The Prius could look like the contents of that colostomy bag. But as long as it's roughly a third of the base price of a Tesla Model S and gets about 50 miles to the gallon, the Prius doesn't mind having its name dragged through the mud ... or worse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV