NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer says Walmart (WMT) is a "dinosaur" compared to Amazon (AMZN). He says Walmart is trying to spend money online but in the end is "just this kind of thing that lies there."
Cramer says he does not want the stock and prefers Amazon, which has not been one of his favorite stocks. Most importantly, he believes retail is too hard. He and Stephanie Link sold Macy's (M) and Costco (COST) in their Action Alerts PLUS portfolio because retail is "just a nightmare."
"If you can avoid retail, avoid it," Cramer states plainly.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer’s multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV