Ilva runs Europe's biggest steel plant in the southern Italian city of Taranto but has for some time been at the center of an environmental scandal, according to Reuters.
It was put under special administration last year after magistrates seized $11 billion from its owners, the Riva family, amid allegations the plant's toxic emissions caused abnormally high rates of cancer, Reuters said.
Must Read: Warren Buffett’s 25 Favorite Stocks
- MT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The gross profit margin for ARCELORMITTAL SA is currently extremely low, coming in at 8.86%. Regardless of MT's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MT's net profit margin of -1.03% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$471.00 million or 55.96% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MT Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts