USEC reported a net loss of $28 million, compared to $40.9 million in the second quarter of 2013. Revenue declined 57%, or $163.6 million, to $121.2 million.
The stock was relatively flat in early morning trading but surged mid-morning. The company released a brief statement in response to the unusual activity. "In view of the unusual market activity in the company's stock today, the New York Stock Exchange contacted the company in accordance with its usual practice. The company stated that its policy is not to comment on unusual market activity," USEC said.
Must Read: Warren Buffett’s 25 Favorite StocksEXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer’s multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE. The stock was up 38.51% to $6.33 at 12:48 p.m. More than 4.9 million shares had changed hands, compared to the average volume of 1,567,870. Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates USEC INC as a "sell" with a ratings score of E+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate USEC INC (USU) a SELL. This is based on a variety of negative investment measures, which should drive this stock to significantly underperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself." You can view the full analysis from the report here: USU Ratings Report USU data by YCharts
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer’s multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV