The company said it received and order for an additional six C600s microturbines totaling 3.6 MW for an independent company operating in the Marcellus and Utica Shale plays.
Plug Power’s second quarter results which easily beat analysts’ estimates are also contributing to Capstone’s gain.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksEXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE. TheStreet Ratings team rates CAPSTONE TURBINE CORP as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate CAPSTONE TURBINE CORP (CPST) a SELL. This is driven by several weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to -$3.77 million or 4.89% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, CAPSTONE TURBINE CORP has marginally lower results.
- The gross profit margin for CAPSTONE TURBINE CORP is rather low; currently it is at 18.29%. Regardless of CPST's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CPST's net profit margin of -9.27% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, CAPSTONE TURBINE CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- CAPSTONE TURBINE CORP reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CAPSTONE TURBINE CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.05 versus -$0.07 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.02 versus -$0.05).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CPST Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV