NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.A) are up 0.86% to $79.69 after the company sold two gas assets in Wyoming and Louisianan for $2.1 billion, plus additional shale acreage in Pennsylvania.
Shell CEO Ben Van Beurden, who took over from Peter Voser at the start of the year, is accelerating asset disposals to win investor support, according to Bloomberg.
He returned Shell’s operations to profit in the Americas this year, where the company has about $61 billion deployed in onshore tight and shale gas and oil projects, Bloomberg reports.
Must Read: Warren Buffett’s 25 Favorite Stocks
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 211.11% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 25.67% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, RDS.A should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 205.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1,737.00 million to $5,307.00 million.
- RDS.A's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.24 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.85 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC reported lower earnings of $5.18 versus $8.52 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($15.03 versus $5.18).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: RDS.A Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts