Riots, Unrest in Ferguson, Mo., Spread Over Police Shooting of Teenager
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Unrest is halting business as usual in Ferguson, Mo., after Michael Brown, an 18-year-old who was reportedly unarmed, was shot and killed by a police officer in Ferguson, Mo., on Saturday afternoon.
Few details are yet known as to why Brown was shot, and outraged residents of the St. Louis suburb have been protesting for days. Protesters compared Brown's case to that of Trayvon Martin two years ago.
Rioters were met with tear gas, sonic cannons and riot police during a fifth night of unrest on Wednesday night and early Thursday morning.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV