Story updated at 9:55 a.m.to reflect market activity.
Shares of Constellation Brands fell 0.6% to $85.32 in morning trading.
The analyst firm set a price target of $90 for the company, above Wednesday’s closing price of $85.88. Constellation Brands’ strong growth outlook is largely priced into the stock according to Credit Suisse analysts.Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE. --------------- Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates CONSTELLATION BRANDS as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate CONSTELLATION BRANDS (STZ) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, solid stock price performance and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- STZ's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 4.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 126.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 281.48% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 54.36% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Beverages industry and the overall market, CONSTELLATION BRANDS's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Beverages industry. The net income increased by 290.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $52.90 million to $206.70 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: STZ Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts