NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lenovo Group (LNVGY) is looking to become a major player in smartphones, and not just in China but also overseas, as it challenges Samsung (SSNLF) and Apple (AAPL), the Wall Street Journal reports.
Already the world's largest PC maker by shipments, Lenovo has made big progress in smartphones, the Journal said.
In the second quarter, it not only became the number one smartphone maker in China, overtaking Samsung, but it was the number four vendor by shipments world-wide, according to research firm IDC.
Must Read: Warren Buffett’s 25 Favorite Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV