NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- RATINGS CHANGES
Cree (CREE) was upgraded to buy at TheStreet Ratings.
Guess (GES) was initiated with a buy rating at Wunderlich. $31 12-month price target. New leadership can turn the domestic business around, said Wunderlich.Intercept Pharmaceuticals (ICPT - Get Report) was upgraded to hold at TheStreet Ratings. Intermune (ITMN) was downgraded to neutral from buy at Goldman Sachs. This was a valuation call, based on a $49 12-month price target, said Goldman. Madison Square Garden (MSG - Get Report) was downgraded to hold from buy at Topeka Capital. $63 12-month price target. The company may fail to meet levered free cash flow expectations in 2015, Topeka said. Read More: Warren Buffett's Top 10 Dividend Stocks Tivo (TIVO) was upgraded to buy at TheStreet Ratings. Editor's note: To see analysts' stock comments and changes to price targets and earnings estimates, go to "Street Notes" which is available only to Real Money subscribers. To find out how to become a subscriber, please click here. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
TheStreet Ratings team rates TIVO INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate TIVO INC (TIVO) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and compelling growth in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 11.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 29.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, TIVO INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income increased by 178.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$10.32 million to $8.12 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TIVO Ratings Report