SINGAPORE, Aug. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Platts, a leading global energy, petrochemicals, metals and agriculture information provider, has expanded its suite of pricing references for China with the launch of two new price assessments for thermal coal imported to, and exported from the port city of Qinhuangdao in Hebei, China.
Known as China Coal Index (CCI) 2 and China Coal Index (CCI) 7, the new China-focused assessments are jointly launched by Platts and its partner Shanxi Fenwei Energy Consulting Company, a leading coal market information provider in China. With this offering, the partnership now provides four thermal coal pricing references for the world's largest coal consuming nation. In October 2013, the partnership launched the world's first Chinese-led, independent and editorially-assessed thermal coal prices for the Chinese market.
"We're pleased to answer the market's call for an independent source of price discovery and with a frequency that facilitates better business decisions domestically and internationally," said James O'Connell, Platts editorial director of coal. "This expanded China Coal Index offering, which reflect coals with varying heat content, brings a level of transparency and insight into the domestic coal market that previously didn't exist."
The new daily assessments are:
- China Coal Index (CCI) 2 – Domestic Chinese thermal coal of the net-as-received grade of 5,000 kilocalories per kilogram (kcal/kg), on a Free-on-Board (FOB) basis from Qinhuangdao ports, seven to 45 days forward. It is assessed in Chinese yuan renminbi (RMB) per metric ton, with a U.S. dollar conversion rate, including Value Added Tax.
- China Coal Index (CCI) 7 – Thermal coal of the net-as-received grade of 4,700 kcal/kg, on a Cost-and-Freight (CFR) basis delivered to south China, 30-60 days forward. It is assessed in U.S. dollars per metric ton, with a RMB conversion rate, excluding Value Added Tax.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts