Here are the post-earnings profiles for the 10 companies. Two “crunching the numbers” tables follow.
The biggest loser is Transocean (RIG) ($38.59) with a year-to-date loss of 22%. This stock is the cheapest fundamentally with a 12-month trailing price-to-earnings ratio of 7.9 and dividend yield of 7.7%.
Note the sea of red in the five moving averages in the first “crunching the numbers” table. Only Halliburton (HAL) ($69.54) and National Oilwell (NOV) ($82.22) are above their five-week modified moving averages at $69.11 and $81.60, respectively.Because all 10 stocks have declining 12x3x3 weekly slow stochastics, Halliburton and National Oilwell will join the other eight with negative weekly charts, given closes this week below $69.11 and $81.60, respectively. Diamond Offshore DO ($44.65); Transocean and Tidewater (TDW) (49.47) are the only stocks below their 200-week simple moving averages at $60.46, $52.49 and $52.19, respectively. The second “crunching the numbers” table shows that eight of the 10 oil-services stocks beat analysts' EPS estimates. Only Halliburton and Tidewater missed estimates. Here’s a brief trading summary for each stock focusing on volatility since June 30. Baker Hughes (BHI) ($68.90) began the second half of the year at $74.45 and set a multiyear intraday high at $75.64 on July 2. The semiannual risky level at $70.46 was a value level as the second half of the year began and failed to hold on July 31 to become a risky level. Yahoo! Remains Best Way to Play Alibaba IPO
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV