NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The technical patterns for stocks of companies in the oil-services industry are largely negative, even though eight of the 10 oil-service companies profiled here beat analysts' earnings-per-share estimates for the second quarter.
Six of the stocks have double-digit gains year to date, and four have double-digit losses.
Before profiling the specific stocks, let’s take a look at the daily chart for the front- month Nymex crude oil contract.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV