BROOMFIELD, Colo., Aug. 13, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Noodles & Company (Nasdaq:NDLS) today announced financial results for its second quarter ended July 1, 2014.
- Total revenue increased 11.5% to $99.5 million from $89.2 million.
- Comparable restaurant sales decreased 0.6% for company-owned restaurants, 1.2% for franchise restaurants and 0.7% system-wide.
- Comparable restaurant sales, when adjusted for the Easter holiday shift, increased 0.3% for company-owned restaurants and 0.2% system-wide.
- Quarter-to-date Q3 2014 (through August 12th) company-owned comparable restaurant sales increased 1.3%.
- 16 new restaurants opened system-wide in Q2, including 12 company-owned and four franchise restaurants, bringing the year-to-date openings to 30 new restaurants system-wide, including 25 company-owned and five franchise restaurants.
- GAAP net income increased to $3.5 million from $0.1 million.
- Adjusted net income (1) decreased 7.5% to $3.7 million, from $4.0 million, and adjusted earnings per diluted share decreased slightly to $0.12 from $0.13.
- Adjusted EBITDA (1) was unchanged at $12.6 million.