3 Stocks Advancing The Aerospace/Defense Industry
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, FRONTLINE LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for FRONTLINE LTD is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 31.31%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, FRO's net profit margin of -7.10% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 1231.27 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, FRO's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.36, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- FRO has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 7.82% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- FRONTLINE LTD has improved earnings per share by 43.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FRONTLINE LTD reported poor results of -$2.38 versus -$0.91 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.65 versus -$2.38).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts