HONG KONG, Aug. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. has unveiled plans for its first golf resort in China when The Ritz-Carlton, Mission Hills opens in late 2015 on the tropical island of Hainan. Adding to the brand's growing portfolio of luxury hotels and resorts in China, The Ritz-Carlton, Mission Hills will be located in Haikou, the capital of Hainan Province.
"Our first golf resort in China marks a new chapter of growth for The Ritz-Carlton and sets the stage for expanding our resort and golf portfolio throughout the region. Like other Ritz-Carlton world-class golf facilities, we expect this new addition to attract luxury travelers and golf enthusiasts from across the globe," said Herve Humler, President and Chief Operating Officer.
Developed by the Mission Hills Golf Club and managed by The Ritz-Carlton, the 201 room resort includes 21 private villas and a dedicated club house. The Haikou Mission Hills Golf Club project includes 10 world-class golf courses and will be the largest public golf complex in the world.
The nearby city of Haikou, nicknamed the Coconut City, has reinvented itself as Hainan's new hub for business and tourism. The Haikou district is renowned for its pristine white sand beaches and is home to China's national sailing and windsurfing teams. Historically important sites nearby include The Temple of Five Lords, the Tomb of Hai Rui and the Xiuying Emplacement which reflect the local imperial seafaring heritage.The property, designed by architects AECOM with interiors created by Hirsch Bedner Associates, includes five restaurants and bars, a Ritz-Carton Spa and extensive leisure facilities including tennis courts, two swimming pools and a recreation pavilion. The Ritz-Carlton, Mission Hills also offers 1,480 sq m of convention and meeting spaces, creating expertly-executed meticulous events tailored to leave a lasting impression.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV