American Airlines and Envoy Pilots Try Again on Contract Talks
Dallas (TheStreet) -- Once again, pilots at American Airlines’ (AAL) regional carrier are talking with management, hoping to avoid the doomsday scenario in which Envoy becomes largely a ground handling company with a fleet of aging aircraft -- which would make it an unlikely choice for a major airline seeking a regional partner.
In an email to pilots on Tuesday, Bill Sprague, chairman of the Envoy chapter of the Air Line Pilots Association, wrote that chapter leaders had met with the company.
“The company approached us in recent weeks with the desire to construct an acceptable deal,” Sprague wrote. “The negotiating committee presented a proposal based on pilots’ ideas and expectations and we continue to work on ideas and concepts to keep discussions moving forward.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV