NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of ClubCorp Holding (MYCC) are up 7.99% to $18.24 on very heavy trading volume after the largest owner of private golf and country clubs in the U.S., bought Sequoia Golf for $265 million to add 50 properties and expand its geographic footprint, Bloomberg reports.
The purchase will make Dallas-based ClubCorp, which already owned or operated 159 courses, almost five times the size of its next largest competitor in the U.S., Bloomberg said.
Sequioa’s portfolio includes four Atlanta-based clubs, 25 private Canongate brand clubs and the 63-hole Woodlands Country Club in Texas, the companies said today.
Must Read: Warren Buffett’s 25 Favorite Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV