Regions Bank (NYSE: RF) today announced that Michele Byington is the August 2014 recipient of the Regions Bank Better Life Award. Byington is a private wealth advisor in Orlando, Florida. The Better Life Award is the top honor given to a Regions associate for outstanding dedication and job performance as well as exemplary involvement and commitment to the community.
Michele Byington, a private wealth advisor in Orlando, Florida, is the August 2014 recipient of the Regions Bank Better Life Award. (Photo: Business Wire)
In addition to the recognition, Regions donates $1,000 in the name of the recipient to a charity of the winner’s choice. Byington chose Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida, a group dedicated to ending childhood hunger.
Byington chairs Taste of the Nation, an annual fundraiser organized each August by Second Harvest and other anti-poverty groups. Since Byington took the helm in 2013, the event has raised a record $550,000. A video profile of Byington is available on the Regions Financial YouTube channel.
For Byington, community goes beyond her back door in Orlando; it also stretches to places such as the Dominican Republic. That is where Byington often travels with her husband, daughter and son to serve at Jackie’s Place, an orphanage for special-needs children.“When I went there for the first time seven years ago, it’s just like a key got turned in my heart. I love those kids and what Jackie is doing for them,” Byington said. “Some would have never survived infancy if Jackie hadn’t taken them in. She gives them hope and education. She changes lives there.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV