Cash at King Digital rose more than four-fold to $832 million, allowing the company to pay a special dividend of $150 million. Some bargain-hunting investors on Wall Street think King Digital will be able to move beyond Candy Crush and turn itself around. However, trends are presently worsening.
Analysts, who have pumped King Digital since its IPO, are also just beginning to cut their estimates. TheStreet was decidedly skeptical of the sell-side’s bullishness on King Digital when analysts began initiating coverage in May.
Bottom Line: At a market capitalization of about $4.5 billion, King Digital remains a risky bet in spite of its significant profits, cash generation and dividend payments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV