SeaWorld Entertainment (SEAS): Heavy Pre-Market Activity
- SEAS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $31.1 million.
- SEAS traded 235,827 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:29 AM, representing 16.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SEAS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SEAS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SEAS: SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. operates as a theme park and entertainment company in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.1%. SEAS has a PE ratio of 54.3. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate SeaWorld Entertainment a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for SeaWorld Entertainment has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SeaWorld Entertainment has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are down 2.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SeaWorld Entertainment as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, generally high debt management risk, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 26.52%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 27.27% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Despite the heavy decline in its share price, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income has decreased by 22.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$40.36 million to -$49.43 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.79 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.32, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, SEAWORLD ENTERTAINMENT INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SEAWORLD ENTERTAINMENT INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 13.01%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -23.28% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- You can view the full SeaWorld Entertainment Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts