NEW YORK, Aug. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Foot Locker, the New York-based specialty athletic retailer, today launched the second television commercial in a two-part series featuring NBA star James Harden. The latest ad, titled "Short Memory Part II," stars Harden alongside retiring soccer legend Landon Donovan and follows the viral "Short Memory Part I" spot, which starred Harden with basketball legends Charles Barkley and Scottie Pippen. The spot is part of Foot Locker's successful "Approved" campaign and supports the brand's position as a can't-miss destination for back-to-school shopping.
Donovan, who this month announced his intention to retire from competitive soccer, opens the spot by complimenting Harden's fresh new gear from Foot Locker. Harden notes that his new Foot Locker gear is part of his path to greatness before referencing Donovan infamously being cut from the United States Men's National Team. Donovan, charmingly incredulous, has seemingly forgotten, and replies, "James, they can't cut me, I'm the captain!" continuing the theme from "Short Memory Part I" that achieving greatness requires a short memory.
"Just like 'Short Memory Part I,' Part II demonstrates that achieving greatness at anything requires never dwelling on the past," said Stacy Cunningham, Executive Vice President of Marketing at Foot Locker. "It's always about looking ahead to the next opportunity and staying fresh, such as finding the best new gear for the new school year at Foot Locker."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV