NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- There are still some stocks out seemingly immune to international political events in Russia, Ukraine, Gaza, Iraq and so on. It may be a small world after all but Walt Disney (DIS) is not so affected. It just keeps growing.
There's Frozen -- the film and the paraphernalia. Same with Guardians of the Galaxy. You’ve got two American Disney parks, four international parks, Disney resorts and a Disney cruise line to boot. Then add to that ESPN and ABC plus the Disney studio entertainment empire.
Disney reported earnings results recently, beating analyst estimates by 11 cents and also beating revenue estimates as well. The strong quarter posted by the studio entertainment division was behind much of the upside as Disney continues to reap the benefits of the Frozen franchise.Media networks was strong as well, but ESPN did take a hit on higher programming and content costs associated with World Cup and a new Major League Baseball deal. But the parks and resorts unit was up nicely year-over-year as higher attendance at the U.S. resorts and cruise ships offset international weakness. Disney is one heck of a well-run company with lots of areas to grow. Out of 3,850 stocks I track, Disney is ranked #184. Best Stocks Now Analysis In an environment that favors large-cap stocks, Disney is a $150 billion mega-cap company.
Data from Best Stocks Now App Read More: Warren Buffett's Portfolio Proves He's a Dividend Growth Investor
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV