NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Real Goods Solar Inc. (RGSE), or RGS Energy, are down -9.13% to $2.09 on very heavy trading volume after the turnkey solar energy solutions company for residential, commercial, and utility customers, rescheduled its conference call to August 19 to discuss results for the second quarter ended June 30.
The company said it rescheduled the call to provide more time for it to complete the accounting and reporting of the consolidation of businesses acquired earlier this year, Sunetric and Mercury.
Analysts polled by FactSet expect RGS Energy to report a loss of 10 cents a share. Sales are seen at $30 million, up from $21 million a year ago.
Must Read: Warren Buffett’s 25 Favorite Stocks
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Electrical Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 290.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$3.79 million to -$14.83 million.
- The gross profit margin for REAL GOODS SOLAR INC is rather low; currently it is at 18.43%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -66.96% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$11.05 million or 103.31% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, REAL GOODS SOLAR INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- RGSE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.28 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.87 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: RGSE Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV