NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals (AEGR) fell Tuesday after the company announced the pricing of its offering of $300 million aggregate principal amount of 2% convertible senior notes due 2019.
The offering includes an option for initial purchasers to buy up to an additional $45 million aggregate principal amount of notes to cover overallotments. The conversion rate for the notes will start at 24.2866 shares of Aegerion common stock per $1,000 principal amount of notes, or approximately $41.175 per share. This represents a 35% premium to the stock's closing price of $30.50 on Monday.
The stock was down 1.44% to $30.06 at 10:47 a.m. More than 2.1 million shares had changed hands, compared to the average volume of 984,766.
Must Read: Warren Buffett’s 25 Favorite StocksEXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer’s multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE. AEGR data by YCharts
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer’s multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV