NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- AOL (AOL) is moving out of Yahoo!’s (YHOO) shadow, diversifying outside of its traditional role as a meeting place for Web users and making smart investments in the hottest online trends. Those big bets are now paying off.
Last week, it was the success of its automatic ad bidding platforms.
This week it is its ability to create and disseminate viral content online. BuzzFeed might be getting all the headlines for its approximate $850 million valuation (after Silicon Valley firm Andreessen Horowitz committed to $50 million in venture capital Monday), but AOL’s Huffington Post dominates as the English-language publisher with the largest presence on social media.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV