NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Twenty-First Century Fox Inc. (FOXA) has a new investor in the form of the privately held hedge fund ValueAct Capital LLC, which has taken a $1 billion stake in the TV and film company, Reuters reported.
“We support Fox’s stand-alone plan and believe that it would drive the stock higher, ValueAct Chief Executive Jeffery Ubben told Reuters.
Ubben also said he thinks Fox will become a $50 stock in three years.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE
Shares of Twenty-First Century Fox are up 0.70% to $35.01 in mid-morning trading on Tuesday.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY FOX INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY FOX INC (FOXA) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- FOXA's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 369.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$371.00 million to $999.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 212.91% to $1,346.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY FOX INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.60%.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FOXA Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV