- Do not take ELOXATIN if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in Eloxatin or other medicines that contain platinum. Tell your doctor right away if you feel like your throat is closing up, have shortness of breath, a flushed face, a rash, itching/hives, swelling of lips or tongue, sudden cough, dizziness, sweating or chest pain
- ELOXATIN can cause nerve problems. Tell your doctor right away if you become sensitive to cold temperatures and cold objects; have trouble breathing, swallowing or saying words; experience jaw tightness, odd feelings in your tongue, or chest pressure; pain; tingling or burning in your hands, feet or around your mouth or throat.
- ELOXATIN can cause a rare condition that affects the brain called Reversible Posterior Leukoencephalopathy, also known as RPLS. Tell your doctor right away if you have any of the following signs and symptoms of RPLS: headache, confusion or a change in the way you think, seizures, or vision problems, such as blurriness or vision loss. You should not operate heavy machines, or engage in dangerous activities if you have vision problems while receiving ELOXATIN.
- Tell your doctor if you develop dry cough or have trouble breathing; these may be signs of serious lung disease.
- ELOXATIN can cause liver problems (hepatotoxicity); your doctor will do blood tests to watch for this.
- Tell your doctor if you have any kidney problems before receiving ELOXATIN because this could change the amount of ELOXATIN which you receive for your treatment.
- Because of the potential risk of fetal harm, pregnant women should not receive ELOXATIN. Women of childbearing potential should avoid becoming pregnant while receiving ELOXATIN.
- ELOXATIN can cause a decrease in white blood cells, which can lead to infections. Tell your doctor right away if you develop any of the following signs of infection: fever, chills, or shivering; cough that brings up mucus, burning or pain on urination, pain on swallowing; sore throat; or redness or swelling at injection site.
- The most common side effects of ELOXATIN include a decrease in white blood cells, red blood cells and platelets, infection, high blood pressure, nausea, constipation, stomach pain, decreased appetite, hair loss, vomiting, injection site reactions, mouth sores, diarrhea, tiredness, and bleeding or bruising. Tell your doctor about any signs or symptoms of bleeding or bruising.
- Tell your doctor about all the medications you take, including prescription and non-prescription medications, vitamins and herbal supplements.
Sanofi Launches Authorized Generic Version Of Eloxatin® (oxaliplatin Injection)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.