- Expands manufacturing and distribution capacity
- Installs interactive 3D innovation and learning center at 3DS headquarters
- Extends R&D and engineering capabilities and capacity
- Creates hundreds of new jobs and opportunities in Rock Hill area
ROCK HILL, S.C., Aug. 12, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) announced today that it has signed a lease on a new 200,000 square foot facility in Rock Hill, South Carolina, increasing its manufacturing and distribution capacity to meet growing demand for its 3D printers and materials. The addition of this new manufacturing and distribution center is part of the company's previously announced expansion, which is expected to generate hundreds of new jobs over time.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=27037
This move will consolidate and strengthen all existing Rock Hill based manufacturing and distribution operations in support of the company's rapidly expanding range of 3D printers and materials. The company plans to expand its R&D and engineering operations using freed-up space in its current headquarters building.3DS recently opened its Rock Hill 3D innovation and learning center, designed to showcase the growing impact of its pioneering advanced manufacturing technology in key applications, such as aerospace, automotive, medical, education and the 3D-printed lifestyle. This interactive center showcases 3DS' entire range of products, tools and solutions and the endless possibilities that they create for customers, resellers and partners around the world.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts