NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Electronic Arts Inc. (EA) are higher by 0.51% to $35.25 as the largest maker of games for the latest generation of consoles is extending its subscription service to more countries as it seeks to attract new players, Bloomberg reports.
The company’s EA Access service became available to users in North America, Australia, New Zealand and western European countries including the U.K. and France, the California-based company said before Europe’s largest gaming exhibition, Gamescom, in Cologne, Germany, which begins tomorrow, Bloomberg said.
Must Read: Warren Buffett’s 25 Favorite Stocks
EA, which is trying to generate more sales from digital downloads, will have its new service limited to Microsoft's (MSFT) Xbox One for now.Users get unlimited access for a monthly or annual fee to a pool of titles including Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4. Sony Corp. (SNE), whose PlayStation 4 also gets many EA games, decided to start its own subscription service, PlayStation Now, Bloomberg noted. TheStreet Ratings team rates ELECTRONIC ARTS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate ELECTRONIC ARTS INC (EA) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 12.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 27.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- EA's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.22 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.42, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income increased by 50.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $222.00 million to $335.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 101.61% to $4.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ELECTRONIC ARTS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 41.10%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 46.47% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 26.46% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: EA Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV