But the emphasis on research and development by four-year-old Yulong Telecommunications has given Coolpad a single feature that should hold its place in China, another vendor says.
It sells mainly to the lower tier, which describes the biggest share of Chinese consumers, but with the specs of higher-priced Android handsets.
Coolpad marketing is simple and traditional (read “cheap”), a PR executive in Guangzhou says, while the production scale is huge, earning the developer money even at low prices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV