NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Ventas Inc. (VTR), a real estate investment trust with a portfolio including senior housing and healthcare properties, reported an increase in net income to $138.4 million, or 47 cents per diluted share for the 2014 second quarter, compared to $114.6 million, or 39 cents for the year ago period.
The company’s revenue grew to $751.2 million, from $684.1 million for the 2013 second quarter.
Analysts polled by Bloomberg expected second quarter earnings of 45 cents per share, on revenue of $739 million.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates VENTAS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate VENTAS INC (VTR) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins." You can view the full analysis from the report here: VTR Ratings Report
VTR data by YCharts
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer’s multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV