3 Stocks Pushing The Health Care Sector Lower
- ELECTROMED INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ELECTROMED INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.16 versus $0.02 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 18.8% in earnings (-$0.19 versus -$0.16).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 132.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$0.43 million to -$1.00 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, ELECTROMED INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ELECTROMED INC is rather high; currently it is at 68.31%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ELMD's net profit margin of -25.37% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$0.11 million or 47.16% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 1.26%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV