3 Stocks Moving The Utilities Sector Upward
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 29.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- DELTA NATURAL GAS CO INC has improved earnings per share by 19.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DELTA NATURAL GAS CO INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.05 versus $0.85 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.19 versus $1.05).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Gas Utilities industry average. The net income increased by 21.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $4.24 million to $5.17 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 63.45% to $20.56 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DELTA NATURAL GAS CO INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -20.24%.
- DGAS's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.73 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that DGAS's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.59 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts