ST. LOUIS, Aug. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., the Teamsters Union along with other groups will hold a public teach-in about the threats of the West Lake Landfill Superfund site in Bridgeton, Mo. They will call on Republic Services Inc. [NYSE: RSG], Bill and Melinda Gates, elected officials and the Environmental Protection Agency to protect the health and safety of the Bridgeton community.
The teach-in will spread awareness of the environmental catastrophe at the West Lake Landfill and will involve public discussions on how to best keep area residents safe from the underground fire and uncontained buried nuclear wastes. Sponsors of Saturday's event include the Teamsters, Just Moms STL, the Missouri Coalition for the Environment, Franciscan Sisters of Mary, Missouri Jobs with Justice and other supporting organizations.
WHO: Lois Gibbs, founder of the Center for Health, Environment and Justice and leading organizer of the Love Canal, N.Y., community landfill fight Dawn Chapman, Just Moms STL and Bridgeton community activist Ken Hall, Teamsters General Secretary-Treasurer Bill Otto, Missouri State Representative, District 70 Marvin Kropp, President, Teamsters Joint Council 13, St. Louis Ed Smith, Missouri Coalition for the Environment Other community, environmental and faith organizations
WHEN: Saturday, Aug. 16, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.WHERE: Graphic Arts Banquet & Conference Center 105 Progress Pkwy. Maryland Heights, Mo., 63043 RSVP: Required for the public to attend – complete form here. Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100127/IBTLOGO SOURCE International Brotherhood of Teamsters
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV