NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Colgate-Palmolive Co. (CL) are slightly higher as it was reported that the chemical triclosan has been linked to cancer-cell growth and disrupted development in animals, Bloomberg reports.
Regulators are reviewing whether it’s safe to put in soap, cutting boards and toys. Consumer companies are phasing it out.
In May, Minnesota voted to ban it in many products.
Must Read: Warren Buffett’s 25 Favorite Stocks
- CL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for COLGATE-PALMOLIVE CO is rather high; currently it is at 61.24%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 14.29% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $569.00 million or 3.83% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, COLGATE-PALMOLIVE CO has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -1.17%.
- COLGATE-PALMOLIVE CO has improved earnings per share by 11.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, COLGATE-PALMOLIVE CO reported lower earnings of $2.39 versus $2.58 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.97 versus $2.39).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Household Products industry average. The net income increased by 10.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $561.00 million to $622.00 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CL Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts