By James Dennin for Kapitall.
It's being called a " perfect storm" for gold prices.
Friday morning The Pentagon announced that airstrikes had been authorized on ISIS in Iraq and tensions escalated further between the United States and Russia.
The violence abroad has sent gold to a three week high as investors seek the "safe-haven asset," for fear of what escalation of the conflict would do to the American recovery.We decided to screen gold stocks to see who was driving the rally the most by looking at the stock prices now relative to their 20-day, 50-day and 200-day simple moving averages (SMA). We capped our screen at stocks at least 15% above their SMA 200, but also above the price for their 20 and 50 day moving averages as well. This screen left us with 5 companies on our list. Are you more likely to buy gold when there is unrest abroad? Use the list below to begin your analysis. Click on the interactive chart to view data over time. 1. Richmont Mines Inc. ( RIC): Engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and operation of mining properties, principally gold in northeast Canada. Market cap at $72.46M, most recent closing price at $1.83. 2. Lake Shore Gold Corp. ( LSG): Engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of gold properties in northern Ontario and Quebec of Canada, as well as in Mexico. Market cap at $454.25M, most recent closing price at $1.09. 3. Seabridge Gold, Inc. ( SA): Engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of mineral properties, primarily gold located in North America. Market cap at $442.73M, most recent closing price at $9.36. 4. Eldorado Gold Corp. ( EGO): Engages in the discovery, exploration, development, production, and reclamation of gold properties in Brazil, the People's Republic of China, Greece, and Turkey. Market cap at $5.69B, most recent closing price at $7.91.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV