NEW YORK (TheStreet) --Shares of VirnetX Holding Corp. (VHC) are higher by 4.96% to $14.80 in early-afternoon trading on Monday, after the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas ruled in favor of the Internet security software and technology company regarding a lawsuit brought by Apple Inc. (AAPL).
The court denied Apple’s motion for summary judgment in the patent claim construction, or “Markman” order, in which Apple claims some of the patents asserted by VirnetX were invalid due to “indefiniteness.”
The court ruling prohibits Apple from challenging the validity of 16 VirnetX patents, the company said.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
VHC data by YCharts
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer’s multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV