NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer answers Twitter (TWTR) questions from the floor of the New York Stock Exchange, and this week's first question deals with Tesla (TSLA), which received an upgrade from Deutsche (DB) on Monday.
Cramer says investors must stay long on Tesla. If Deutsche is right, which Cramer thinks they are, then the scale and profit here are much bigger than he thought. Cramer believes Deutsche's upgrade to "buy" with a $310 price target will move the stock substantially, so he would not sell it.
The next question asks for Cramer's pharma plays given the ongoing Ebola issue, and he notes investors have driven up Tekmira Pharmaceuticals (TKMR), a smaller company. He thinks people keep shorting it and expecting it to go down, but says the stock will obviously soar if the company has an Ebola cure. Cramer thinks the trade has been done and would take profits on the stock.
"We rate SOLARCITY CORP (SCTY) a SELL. This is driven by a few notable weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow, generally high debt management risk and feeble growth in its earnings per share." You can view the full analysis from the report here: SCTY Ratings Report EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer’s multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV