Shares of the chipmaker were gaining 1.5% to $33.10.
About 12 million shares of Intel were traded hands by 11:43 a.m., compared to an average trading volume of about 33.5 million shares.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksEXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE. TheStreet Ratings team rates INTEL CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate INTEL CORP (INTC) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and reasonable valuation levels. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average. The net income increased by 39.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2,000.00 million to $2,796.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although INTC's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.22 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, INTC has a quick ratio of 1.75, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 41.02% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 43.96% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, INTC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: INTC Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts