Delta Air Lines (DAL) Leads The Pack In Pre-Market Activity
- DAL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $440.5 million.
- DAL traded 39,249 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:28 AM.
- DAL is up 2.2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DAL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DAL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DAL: Delta Air Lines, Inc. provides scheduled air transportation for passengers and cargo worldwide. Its route network comprises various gateway airports in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Memphis, Minneapolis-St. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. DAL has a PE ratio of 2.8. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Delta Air Lines a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Delta Air Lines has been 12.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Delta Air Lines has a market cap of $30.4 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.79 and a short float of 1.6% with 1.28 days to cover. Shares are up 29.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Delta Air Lines as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to other companies in the Airlines industry and the overall market, DELTA AIR LINES INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 69.73% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DAL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The revenue growth significantly trails the industry average of 51.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.85, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.41 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- You can view the full Delta Air Lines Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts