NEW YORK (TheStreet) –- The seven airline companies profiled here reported their quarterly results late last month, and six of them beat analysts' earnings-per-share estimates.
JetBlue (JBLU) matched estimates, and the stock set a multiyear intraday high at $11.59 following its report on July 24. It's up 34% year to date.
The largest earnings beat was posted by United Continental (UAL), which also reported on July 24. The airline set a multiyear high at $49.28 that day, but slipped to a lower altitude, testing its 200-day simple moving average at $42.21 on Friday. The stock has the smallest year-to-date increase of the seven stocks, with a gain of 14%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV