Mixed Metal Moves Mean We'll Make Money When Proper Setups Arrive
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Weakness dominated markets this past week, and many stocks followed.
The summer of consolidation continues, with some weakness thrown in for good measure. I still don't think this correction will be very deep. Rather, it will just put in the low of this base that is forming and is set to complete in early fall before we breakout and run into the end of the year.
We will make our money this year, we just have to wait for the proper setups.Gold had a strong week while silver didn't. I talked about silver taking the lead between gold and silver and I still think that is the case. I don't think this recent strength in gold will last since it is on news and silver is not following at all. As always, I can be wrong, but I'm right more often than not and I think I will soon be proven right in this case as well. Let's move right into the charts and see what I'm seeing in the precious metals this week before I dive into more charts of specific stocks and markets. Read More: European, Asian Stocks Shrug Off Gloom Gold rose 1.22% this past week on news and not much else. We've seen some awesome moves higher recently, which also was news driven and it didn't take long for those to fail and I'm expecting the same for gold in the days ahead.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV