NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- On CNBC's "Cramer's Mad Dash" segment, TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, was very excited about Regeneron's (REGN) new cholesterol drug, Alirocumab.
The company's anti-cholesterol drug is an alternative to statin and reduces the risk of strokes. Regeneron is partnered with Sanofi (SNY) for Alirocumab.
The stock is breaking out, Cramer said, adding that Credit Suisse suggests it can go to $400 per share."It's a very big win for Regeneron. It could be a multi-billion market," he said. Turning to Conn's (CONN) , Cramer noted that the stock is plummeting -- down over 30%. Management expressed concern that customers would not be paying Conn's the money it is owed. Investors want exposure to domestic retailers to protect themselves from geopolitical risks, Cramer said, but not all domestic retailers are created equal. He concluded that he is not a buyer of Conn's following the selloff, because a lot of investors still want to get out of the stock. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell Read More: 10 Most Affordable Cars Of 2014
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV